Sunday, April 28, 2013

Stockton, Utah turns 150 years old

 We love any excuse to get out to Stockton, Utah.  Today they were celebrating the town's 150th anniversary.  They were celebrating with a grand fireworks show.  Before it got dark I took a few pics of the surrounding area.  This wind turbine is out at the Tooele Army Depot but Stockton is talking about creating a wind farm in the Stockton area as well.  Alternative clean energy at its best.
 This is Tab Mountain. It is the flat topped foothill shaped like the Tabernacle where they set off the fireworks.  The whole town had a great view of the fireworks.
 Here they are in all their glory.

 I finally held the camera steady...:)
 It was a beautiful day but it got a little chilly once the sun had gone down so I threw on my yellow cardigan from Sexy Modest Boutique
 The black bermuda shorts are from the same store.  I absolutely LOVE all of their clothes.  They have two brick and mortar shops in Utah County but I don't get out that way very often so it's a good thing they offer free shipping through their website.
 I added this bracelet to the ensemble.  I have had this bracelet since high school and it has come back into style.  If you keep things long enough they will come back in again.
Ready for my fun date night with Clark.  Of course, we had to stop by Cafe Rio for a quick bite to eat.  So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment