Saturday, March 2, 2013

Hints of Spring

 Spring is just around the corner...I can feel it in the air.  And so can the plants.  My friend gave me some cut branches off of her pussy willow tree and they are brightening my office as we speak.  They are even growing roots in the water so my sister might be getting a pussy willow tree in the near future (condo living and HOA's are not conducive to planting your own trees in the yard).
 They are so soft to the touch.
 Then my Christmas Cactus decided to bloom (this is the first time in the 3 years I've had it).  It bloomed for me on Valentine's Day.  It's a late bloomer, it must take after its caretaker ;)
 The buds before they opened.
 And the flowers in all of their glory.

I'm looking forward to the warmer temps of Spring so I can finally get back outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment