Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Always on the lookout for a vase to fill

My sister knows I'm always looking for containers so she gave me the square glass one pictured above. She found it at the D.I. and it used to have a candle in it. She took the candle part that she wanted and gave me the rest. I love taking old things, putting a little work into them, and seeing the true potential come out. The ribbon is also upcycled. It came on a Christmas gift from my sister-in-law. The rest (flowers, potpourri, and decorative marbles) I bought new. So look around your house, find some old things and think of some fun transformations. I call it giving them a good old Oprah-style makeover. If you listen very carefully you'll hear loud gasps and applause as your item makes its debut to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment